Sunday, September 23, 2012

This is a reprint from the original blog at blogstream August 27, 2008......
 
 
As I watched and listened to Hillary Clinton last night, I was deeply moved by her conviction and commitment to the Democratic party. First of all she looked absolutely fabulous, and the color of her suit complemented her skin and her energy exceedingly well. I am a Hillary supporter. I voted for her in thew primaries. I rallied for her when she threw her hat into the ring. In 2003, when Kerry was nominated, I wanted to know why wasn't Hillary considered as a candidate. In case you are not clear, I like Hillary Clinton. I love her resilience. I admire her tenacity. And I applaud her resoluteness. You are wondering what I mean by resoluteness, I applaud her ability to resolve the issue surrounding infidelity in her marriage by looking at the big picture, beyond the immediate pain, to the road ahead. She took the "for better or worse" part of the wedding vows and gave them freshness like no one else could. And she didn't go on a whirlwind of talkshow engagements to discuss the dirty laundry between her and her husband in microscopic detail. She suffered in public, and even winced and cried in public, but she did not vilify him, crucify him, or gut him in public. Instead, she took a rather stoic position and analyzed everything about the implications, the conduct, and the impact on her future, and resolved the issue for herself, looking ahead. It was that decision, that brought us to where we were last night. Before us stood, the most spectacular female candidate for the office of the Presidency. Spectacular because she is brilliant, capable, articulate, a U. S. citizen, over the age of 35, with national political experience who should have been the nominee, but folks took issue with her husband and her still being married to him. It is that double speak, gobbledy gook that makes me crazy about politics. Newt Gingrich with his multiple marries brought on by multiple affairs, McCain with his multiple marriages, and the list goes on. The Conservative movement thumping bibles and rebel rousing about Christian values, when a woman sticks to her core Christian values, and honors her commitment to God and does not divorce her husband over his human frailty and infidelity, attempts to assassinate her in the press and says she lacked strength.

Well, last night, was wonderful. Hillary Clinton gave you the "what for" that I knew was in her. Some commentators and pundits have said, she is not an orator. What I know is whether she is an orator or not, she put her personal feeling aside and pitch the "Obama for President" team a perfect hit. Sure she not have done all that everyone thought she should do, but on the heals of painfully and narrowly failing to become the presumptive nominee, I think she did a fabulous job. And, I am deeply exhilarated by the sheer awesomeness of this woman, pert near becoming the nominee of the Democratic Party for President of the United States of America, in my lifetime.......

No comments:

Post a Comment