Thursday, March 4, 2010

A public and televised lynching in my lifetime......

On my old blog, I spent a considerable amount of energy speaking to the inequities associated with being an African American President. Little did I know that it is more than inequity. The institutionalized denigration of African Americans is being played out on CNN while we look on in amazement and horror. The flagrant disrespect for the office of the Presidency, the disdain and disregard for decorum, and the abhorrent indignities suffered by a man who came into office with a desire to change the status quo glaringly play out on the national news, night after night. What galls me is the fact that no matter what happens, there is a growing undercurrent of hatred for the President, and why? You have to look back at history to really get it, the have nots - folks who are not in power are resentful, angry, hostile and dangerous to African Americans who are moving up. Why? Because African Americans who achieve success are "uppity" and make some folks feel like they are inferior. So what then? What then, is an organized lynch mob, a "Tea Party", a group of hate filled, mongrel, mediocre, minimally educated, and miserable group of folks who have a need to put that uppity African American in his proper place. And, I never, and I mean I never thought I would see a public lynching in this century. But, in Congress, where the Democrats won't support him for fear of reprisal, the Republicans reject every idea he has or had, just because, and now a growing national movement growing more and more vocal daily with horrific and blood curdling outcries that would be prosecuted as treasonous if he were not African American.. We have not ushered in a new era, we have sunken to the lowest depths of the human condition, and it all points to a very public and televised lynching in my lifetime.................

No comments:

Post a Comment